EnergizedProtection is a very famous adblocker after you root your Android phone.
The concept is really simple, it is a script that gather a list of advertisement hosts, and then put it in a giant Host table, which will redirect to 0.0.0.0, so that it won’t load the advertisement and help you to save precious bandwidth.
It requires root because the program needs to modify the hosts table, which must with Root. The beauty of it is it only make use of Linux native infrastructure, it doesn’t include any special apps for it.
Unfortunately, the server is recently shut down, therefore the installed Magisk module doesn’t update the ad hostname automatically. we need to compile the host list (host.gz) on our own and put into /sdcard/EnergizedProtection/host.gz and let the magisk to consume.
1. check out the source from this link
2. Execute /assets/source/filter.sh , it will prompt you for a github token, you can skip it. This step will downloads a list of raw host list to your repo and stored in /block/assets/sources/filter
3. We select a host pack and compile it, e.g. I use blu pack, therefore, I go to /block/blu/ and execute build.sh , the compiled host.gz file will be in “formats” folder.
4. Copy the compiled block/blu/formats/hosts.gz to your mobile /sdcard/EnergizedProtection/hosts.gz
5. Re-run the “energize -m” , select a pack, let it consume the hosts.gz. Remember to reboot after it is install.